96Boards OpenHours session nine the topic was “HiKey and AOSP”. To watch this weeks’ session go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAE38zjfHPw
Below is an overview of what was discussed including the time in the video where this topic was discussed.
The first topic was a recap of last week’s session:
Our eight week of 96Boards OpenHours session the team discussed the 16.06 release of the Reference Software Platform in more detail. The release is now posted and available on the github site. To watch this session go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6zpB4pS60
This week: (begins at 3:16) — To watch this weeks’ session go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAE38zjfHPw
- Today’s guest speakers are John Stultz is an engineer on the Linaro Mobile Group and Kernel team and Amit Pundir is an engineer on the Linaro Mobile Group and Kernel team.
- John talked about his background of working with HiKey and AOSP
- Amit introduced himself and gave a bit of information on his background
- 6:12 – Discussed what AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and what the differences are from Android?
- foundation that everyone is using to build open source on Android
- Developed openly
- A lot of work into AOSP master branch
- Android is google’s OS for their phones
- 10:15 – HiKey board and AOSP – why is this a big deal?
- John discusses that reason this is important and helpful to developers
- 13:45 – Question on how to install Android apps on the HiKey?
- There are some places to download some apps and John discusses places to go to get some of these apps
- 18:00 – Question – How do you submit changes to things like build files to the AOSP and who is best to assign as reviewers for these changes?
- Amit – discusses where and how to submit changes
- 22:50 – John gives a presentation on the recent changes on HiKey in AOSP
- Collaboration with Google
- New Features added
- EAS Integration Prototyping
- OP-TEE Integration
- Dynamic HW Configuration
- Next steps
- Common AOSP efforts
- Regressions found and fixed
- HiKey upstreaming status
- Upstreaming To do’s
- Join in information
- 45:00 – Wrap-up of call – can see more about this topic at the next Linaro Connect — http://connect.linaro.org/las16/
Be sure to stay tune in next week http://www.96boards.org/openhours/. Next week during session 10 we will have an open hour to just answer questions. So join us and bring all your 96Board questions and we will try to answer them all for you.
Please remember, if you get stuck, there are resources to help you through the installation. Feel free to check out the 96Boards forums, 96Boards wiki, or Freenode IRC channel #96boards (there are many ways to access IRC, this website is one of them). Dig around the wiki, create a new forum thread, and/or post a question in the chat.