This guide will help you choose and install an operating system on your DragonBoard 820c.
To appropriately follow this installation guide you will need to:
- Choose an installation method
- Download necessary files
- Choose host machine
- Follow flashing instructions
Methods of Installation
In most cases, you will be presented with two options when installing your new operating system onto your DragonBoard 820c:
- Fastboot Method
Each method has it’s own benifits, and requires different levels of experience
Fastboot is supported by the board and can be used for installs. This is for advanced users who are most likely modifying/customizing source code and will need to download such updates to the board for test/execution.
This method requires the following hardware:
- DragonBoard 820c with power supply
- Host machine (Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows)
- USB to microUSB cable
- USB Mouse and/or keyboard (not required to perform flash)
- HDMI Monitor with full size HDMI cable (not required to perform flash)
Go to the Downloads page to get your bootloader, boot image, and root file system image (rootfs).
Choose host machine