This section show how to install a new operating system to your DragonBoard™ 845c using the fastboot method on a Linux host computer.
- Step 1: Make sure fastboot is set up on host computer
- Step 2: Connect host computer to DragonBoard™ 845c
- Step 3: Boot DragonBoard 845c into fastboot mode
- Step 4: Flash Images
- Step 5: Reboot DragonBoard 845c
Step 1: Make sure fastboot is set up on host computer.
You can install fastboot from source or using your distro package manager.
- From source:
- Android SDK “Tools only” for Linux can be downloaded here
- The Linux “Tools Only” SDK download does not come with fastboot, you will need to use the Android SDK Manager to install platform-tools.
- To do this follow the “SDK Readme.txt” instructions included in your SDK “Tools Only” download.
If you are still having trouble setting up fastboot, click here for a short tutorial video
- Or using a distro package manager:
# Red Hat flavour (Fedora, CentOS) $ sudo yum install android-tools # Debian (Ubuntu) $ sudo apt-get install android-tools # Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) and beyond $ sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot
Step 2: Connect host computer to DragonBoard 845c
- DragonBoard™ 845c must be powered off (unplugged from power)
- Make sure microSD card slot on DragonBoard™ 845c is empty
- S6 switch on DragonBoard™ 845c must be set to ‘0-0-0-0’. All switches should be in “off” position
- Connect USB to microUSB cable from host computer to DragonBoard™ 845c
Step 3: Boot DragonBoard™ 845c into fastboot mode
Please read all bullet points before attempting
- Press and hold the Vol (-) button on the DragonBoard™ 845c, this is the S4 button. DragonBoard™ 845c should still NOT be powered on
- While holding the Vol (-) button, power on the DragonBoard™ 845c by plugging it in
- Once DragonBoard™ 845c is plugged into power, release your hold on the Vol (-) button.
- Wait for about 20 seconds.
- Board should boot into fastboot mode.
From the connected host machine terminal window, run the following commands:
# Check to make sure device is connected and in fastboot mode $ sudo fastboot devices
Typically it will show as below
At this point you should be connected to your DragonBoard™ 845c with a USB to TypeC cable. Your DragonBoard™ 845c should be booted into fastboot mode and ready to be flashed with the appropriate images.
Step 4: Flash Images
cd <path-to-images> fastboot flash abl_a abl.elf fastboot flash boot_a sda845-boot.img fastboot flash system_a sda845-sysfs_1.ext4 fastboot flash systemrw sda845-systemrw.ext4 fastboot flash cache sda845-cache_1.ext4 fastboot flash userdata sda845-usrfs_1.ext4 fastboot flash persist sda845-persist_1.ext4
Step 5: Reboot DragonBoard™ 845c
- Follow the Getting Started Guide to setup terminal.
Congratulations! You are now booting your newly installed OS directly from UFS on the DragonBoard™ 845c!