How to build the Shell Zephyr application from source - Linux Host
These instructions will show how to build a sample Zephyr application using a Linux Host machine as a development environment.
- Step 0: Download and setup Zephyr
- Step 1: Build a sample application in Zephyr
- Step 2: Proceed to Installation page for flashing instructions
####Step 0: Download and setup Zephyr
- Download and setup the Zephyr development environment from https://www.zephyrproject.org. You can find more information about installing the Zephyr SDK at https://www.zephyrproject.org/doc/getting_started/getting_started.html
$ git clone https://gerrit.zephyrproject.org/r/zephyr
####Step 1: Build the Zephyr shell application
Build the sample shell application as follows:
$ cd zephyr $ source zephyr-env.sh $ cd samples/subsys/shell $ mkdir outdir; cd outdir $ cmake -DBOARD=96b_carbon .. $ make
Step 2: Flashing
- Connect the micro-USB cable to the OTG port
- Press the BOOT0 switch and hold
- While holding BOOT0 switch, also press the RST switch (At this point you should be pressing two switches)
- Release the RST switch, then release the BOOT0 switch.
$ sudo make flash
Proceed to Installation page for legacy flashing instructions
The application will be available at
Proceed to flash the Zephyr application binary over USB-UART or USB-DFU. Host machine specific flashing instructions can be found on the “Installation” page, link found below.