Learn about your TB-96AI board as well as how to prepare and set up for basic use
Setup - What you will need
- SOM based on the RK3399Pro Application Processor and NPU
- 96Boards SOM Carrier Board
- SOM Baseboard
- Power adapter
- 96Boards specifications requires a 8V-18V with 2000mA Power adapter
- Typc C to Type A Cable
- To connect Baseboard to PC
Out of the Box
The following subsections should describe how to get started with the TB-96AI SoM.
|SoC:||Rockchip RK3399Pro with Dedicated NPU|
|CPU:||Dual-core Cortex-A72 up to 1.8GHz |
Quad-core Cortex-A53 up to 1.4GHz
|GPU:||ARM® Mali-T860 MP4 Quad-core GPU |
Supports OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11, Support AFBC (frame buffer compression)
|NPU:||Support 8bit/16bit computing, AI computing power up to 3.0TOPs |
Full load computing power, low load operation power consumption is low
Compatible with Caffe/Mxnet/TensorFlow model, support multi-class framework, support mainstream layer type, easy to add custom layer
Provides easy-to-use development tools, PC-based model conversion, performance estimation, and accuracy verification
Provides AI application development interface: support Android NN API
Provides RKNN cross-platform API, Linux supported TensorFlow development
|VPU:||Support 4K VP9 and 4K 10bits H265/H264 video decoding, up to 60fps |
1080P multi-format video decoding (WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, VP8)
1080P video encoding, support H.264, VP8 format
Video post processor: de-interlacing, denoising, edge/detail/color optimization
|RAM:||Optional configuration with the following options: |
3GB LPDRR3(CPU 2GB + NPU 1GB)
8GB LPDDR3(CPU 4GB + NPU 4GB)
|Storage:||Optional configuration with the following options: |
|Connectivity:||Built-in WiFi/BT module, reserved antenna holder, can be directly inserted into the antenna. |
Built-in Gigabit Ethernet PHY chip, 10/100/1000Mbps adaptive.
|Camera:||MIPI-CSI×2,Dual camera interface (built-in dual hardware ISP, up to single 13Mpixel or dual 8Mpixel)|
|Display Interface:||Embed two VOPs, support dual-screen simultaneous/dual-screen display, and can choose to output from the following display interface. |
HDMI × 1 ( Support 480p/480i/576p/576i/720p/1080p/1080i/4k, support RGB format)
|Audio Interface:||I2S0: |
- Support user extended use
- HDMI interface audio output
- DP interface audio output
|USB:||Type C: USB3.0/DisplayPort 1.2,OTG |
USB: USB3.0×1 (according to RK3399Pro design, NPU needs to be mounted on USB3.0, so USB3.0 needs to connect back to NPU, if you need to expand USB3.0 interface, you need external HUB)
|Expansion Interface:||SDMMC(TF Card)×1 |
UART×3, One of the CPU Debug UARTs, one NPU Debug UART
GPIO,For detailed GPIO definitions, please refer to the interface definition
ADC×3,One for buttons, one for headset microphone detection, and one for user-definable use
|OS Support:||Android, Linux|
|Mechanical:||85mm×50mm×1.6mm 96Boards SoM standard dimensions specifications.|
|SoM Connectors||X1 X2|
Starting the board for the first time
- Insert the TB-96AI SoM in the 96Boards Carrier Board as Shown in the figure above.
- Configure the MUX Switches on the Carrier Board as follows
- The switches for TB-96AI are configured as follows
- All switch on S1,S2,S8,S9,S10,S11,S12,S14,S15, configure to disconnect.
- All switch on S6,S7 config to connect for TF card.
- Bit1 on S16 config to connect for audio jacket
- Bit1 & Bit2 on S5 config to connect for debug uart
- Bit1, Bit2 & Bit3 on S3 config to connect for WIFI and BT
- Connect the TYPEC to PC
- Long press and hold the Maskrom button as shown in the following figure.
- Insert power supply.
- Continue to the Installation page.
If you are already familiar with the TB-96AI board and would like to change out the stock operating system, please proceed to one of the following pages:
- Downloads page: This page lists all Linaro and 3rd party operating systems available for TB-96AI
- Installation page: If you already have the images you need, this page has information on how to install the different operating systems onto your TB-96AI board
- From bug reports and current issues, to forum access and other useful resources, we want to help you find answers
Back to the TB-96AI documentation home page