Learn about your TB-96AI board as well as how to prepare and set up for basic use
Setup - What you will need
- SOM based on the RK1808 Application Processor and NPU
- 96Boards SOM Carrier Board
- SOM Baseboard
- Power adapter
- 96Boards specifications requires a 8V-18V with 2000mA Power adapter
- Typc C to Type A Cable
- To connect Baseboard to PC
Out of the Box
The following subsections should describe how to get started with the TB-96AIoT SoM.
|SoC:||Rockchip RK1808(22nm FD-SOI) with Dedicated NPU|
|CPU:||ARM Dual Cortex-A35@1.6GHz|
|NPU:||Support 8bit/16bit operation, computing power up to 3.0TOPS |
Support TensorFlow, Caffe model
|VPU:||1080p@60P H.264 Decoder |
1080p@30P H.264 Encoder
|RAM:||Optional configuration with the following options: |
|Storage:||Optional configuration with the following options: |
|Connectivity:||Built-in WiFi/BT module, reserved antenna holder, can be directly inserted into the antenna. |
Built-in Gigabit Ethernet PHY chip, 10/100/1000Mbps adaptive.
|Camera:||MIPI-CSI,Maximum support 1920 × 1080 resolution|
|Display Interface:||One MIPI-DSI interface, up to 1920×1080@60fps display output|
|USB:||Type C: USB3.0 DRM ×1 |
USB: USB2.0 HOST ×1
|Expansion Interface:||PCIE×1 |
SD Card ×1
|Mechanical:||150mm×50mm×1.6mm 96Boards SoM standard dimensions specifications.|
|SoM Connectors||X1 X2|
Starting the board for the first time
- Insert the TB-96AIoT SoM in the 96Boards Carrier Board as Shown in the figure above, making sure that connectors X1 and X2 are bing utilised.
- Configure the MUX Switches on the Carrier Board as follows
- The switches for TB-96AIoT are configured as follows
- All switch on S1,S2,S6,S7 ,S10,S11,S12,S14,S15, config to disconnect.
- All switch on S8,S9 config to connect for TFcard
- Bit2 & Bit3 on S16 config to connect.
- Bit1 & Bbit2 on S5 config to connect fot debug uart
- Bit4 on S3 config to connect for debug uart
- Bit1 & Bit2 on S13 config to connect for USB
- Connect the TYPEC to PC
- Long press and hold the Maskrom button as shown in the following figure.
- Insert power supply.
- Continue to the Installation page.
If you are already familiar with the TB-96AIoT board and would like to change out the stock operating system, please proceed to one of the following pages:
- Downloads page: This page lists all Linaro and 3rd party operating systems available for TB-96AIoT
- Installation page: If you already have the images you need, this page has information on how to install the different operating systems onto your TB-96AIoT board
- From bug reports and current issues, to forum access and other useful resources, we want to help you find answers
Back to the TB-96AIoT documentation home page