This section show how to prepare a bootable USB stick. ***
- Step 1: Prepare USB stick
- Step 2: Recall Download Location
- Step 3: Download the Win32DiskImager tool
- Step 4: Use Win32DiskImager tool to install image onto USB stick
Step 1: Prepare USB stick
- Ensure data from USB stick is backed up
- Everything on USB stick will be lost by the end of this procedure.
Step 2: Recall Download Location
- Locate USB stick install file from Downloads page.
- This file will be needed for the next step.
Step 3: Download the Win32DiskImager tool
Step 4: Use Win32DiskImager tool to install image onto USB stick
- Open Win32DiskImager tool
- Click the folder icon in the top right
- Find your way to the appropriate
.isofile (This is why you need to remember the location of your extracted image.)
- Insert your USB stick
- Select the correct device and click “write” There may be a warning about corrupting the device. Click “Yes” to proceed.
- This process may take a few minutes, be patient and wait for a completion notice.
- Upon completion you should see the following pop-up:
- Safely remove the USB stick from the host computer and set aside.