This project shows how to get Amazon Web Services (AWS) Greengrass Core up and running on a DragonBoard™ 410c development board by Arrow Electronics.
Support for AWS Greengrass on the DragonBoard 410c is designed to allow local AWS Lambda execution on gateways and devices, and help enhance the performance and cost effectiveness of many IoT applications by bringing the power of AWS to the edge.
This initial example deploys the Hello World example from the AWS Greengrass User Guide.
ASW Greengrass running on the DragonBoard 410c is designed to help manufacturers accelerate the development of IoT products with edge processing capabilities. The DragonBoard 410c can operate as an industrial gateway, and can aggregate data and support a wide variety of field sensors and devices. Local data processing and control signaling in gateways helps reduce overall system latency, while local data storage allows for enhanced security and privacy. Improved connectivity capabilities at the edge can also result in meaningful reductions in total cost of ownership for IoT applications.
- Creator: Carlos Reategui - Staff Engineer, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Project Name: AWS Greengrass
- Type of Project: Demonstration
- Project Category: Embedded, Healthcare, IoT, Security, Sensors, Smart Cities, Smart Home
- Board(s) used: DragonBoard 410c
- Difficulty level: Beginner
While instructions might be made available in other formats at a later time, the following RSS URL can be used to guide you through the entire building and software installation process.
- View Project on Qualcomm Developer Network
- PDF Setup instructionshttps://developer.qualcomm.com/sites/default/files/attachments/aws-greengrass-setup-instructions.pdf
Build / Assembly Instructions
Materials Required / Parts List / Tools
- DragonBoard 410c
- 12V wall adapter
- USB keyboard/mouse
- HDMI monitor & cable
- Build / Assembly
Follow the detailed AWS Greengrass Setup Instructions, which covers the following topics:
- Initial Greengrass service setup
- Setting up the DragonBoard 410c
- Setting up and running Greengrass Core
- Install and deploy a Greengrass application