The aim of this workshop, created for an event at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is to familiarize students with the Python scripting language, the OpenCV library, the Linux operating system, and the DragonBoard 410c.
You create a small Python program which utilizes a USB webcam for a variety of applications. These include: taking a picture, saving a picture, displaying a live video feed from the webcam, and performing facial recognition. You will be recreating the basic functions of a “smart security/surveillance camera”.
No experience is needed, as the handout walks you through the project step by step.
- Creator: Qualcomm Technologies, San Diego CA
- Project Name: Home Automation
- Type of Project: Demonstrations (Projects showcasing individual features of a 96Boards product)
- Project Category: IoT, Smart Security
- Board(s) used: DragonBoard 410c