OxusR – Content Optimization
OxusR is a Digital Signage project that is designed to optimize bandwidth consumption by avoiding redundant downloads on the same network.
This project was created during an IoT Hackathon challenge organized by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. in Brazil. It aims to optimize bandwidth consumption and avoid redundant downloads on the same network. Bandwidth optimization is an important feature to offer consumers that use metered network connections because this can help avoid network congestions. A media playlist was created and configured on each network device in the OxusR cloud system, and the list was made available for download through the OxusR server. All devices connected to the same network had access to the Digital Signage player through compatible browsers.
- Creator: bananagroove
- Project Name: OxusR – Content Optimization
- Type of Project: Demonstrations (Projects showcasing individual features of a 96Boards product)
- Project Category: IoT, Smart Cities, Smart Home
- Board(s) used: DragonBoard 410c
- View Project on Qualcomm Developer Network
- Instructions on Instructables
- Source code to install OXusR server component on the webserver.
- OxusR Database for webserver.
- Source code to configure OxusR on DragonBoard.