ROV with Windows 10 IoT Core
ROV 10 is inspired by the OpenROV project and demonstrates how to use Windows 10 IOT Core in a remote controlled robot. Even the software is demonstrated in an ROV and can be used in nearly every robot that requires live video. The live video feed heavily depends on the graphics performance of the single board computer, which makes the DragonBoard™ 410 with the Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU (400MHz PC-class graphics) a good choice as the robot platform. Also, the software is optimized for low latency and real time communication. The video format is a kind of MJPG format that is framed into a special container protocol that carries sensor data for each video frame. The software contains 2 UWP Applications for Windows 10. The controller side can run on Windows 10 Mobile, Desktop or even on another Windows 10 IOT core based hardware.
- Creator: Hackster.io, San Francisco CA
- Project Name: ROV with Windows 10 IoT Core
- Type of Project: Demonstrations (Projects showcasing individual features of a 96Boards product)
- Project Category: IoT, Robotics
- Board(s) used: DragonBoard 410c