Seeing Eye Robot
The Seeing Eye Robot is a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Micro Rover from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. powered by a DragonBoard™ 410c that is designed to identify a person and stay in front to help them navigate.
Inspired by the idea of creating a robotic seeing eye dog, the goal was to create a Snapdragon Micro Rover that follows a person by always staying in front of that person. This rover could then use proximity detectors to warn someone about obstacles in the path, and could be particularly useful for the visually impaired.
- Creator: John Drinkwater, Sarjak Swetang Shah, Madeline Stager, Haibo Zhang - Former Interim Engineering Interns
- Project Name: Seeing Eye Robot
- Type of Project: Demonstrations (Projects showcasing individual features of a 96Boards product)
- Project Category: Robotics
- Board(s) used: DragonBoard 410c