Smart Boiler is a Technological project developed in Tecnológico de Monterrey (Campus Chihuahua) by a group of students currently becoming Mechatronic Engineers. This prototype allows the user to start a house-hold boiler from a smartphone application, via Bluetooth. The Dragonboard 410c not only starts and shuts down the boiler at users will; it also saves energy by preventing it from running all day long. The system includes a temperature sensor to indicate the user the moment hot water is ready. Always concerned about user’s safety, the pressure sensor is capable to trigger an alarm notifying a person in case a gas leak is detected.
- Creator: Smart Boiler team from Tecnologico de Monterrey, Chihuahua
- Project Name: Smart Boiler
- Type of Project: Demonstrations (Projects showcasing individual features of a 96Boards product)
- Project Category: Demo/robotics/drone, robotics project or similar probably involving both hardware and software components
- Board(s) used: 96Boards Consumer Edition