Fit Turtle Posture Robot
Fit Turtle is designed to use the Kinect to extract a skeleton model of your body and analyze the alignment of your spine and head. It will follow you using the camera on the TurtleBot, powered by a DragonBoard™ 410c, and provide audio feedback about your posture.
The primary goal for this project is to increases awareness about how to maintain a healthy posture: tighten your glutes, tighten your core, and pull your shoulders and head back.
This project also demonstrates how a fairly simple algorithm can be easily integrated into a roaming bot and effectively analyze posture.
- Creator: Keen Sung, Tiago Muck, Martin Marshalek, Andy Shih - Former Interim Engineering Interns, Qualcomm Taiwan Corporation
- Project Name: Fit Turtle Posture Robot
- Type of Project: Demonstrations (Projects showcasing individual features of a 96Boards product)
- Project Category: Healthcare, IoT, Robotics, Smart Cities, Smart Home
- Board(s) used: DragonBoard 410c
- View Project on Qualcomm Developer Network
- Fit Turtle GitHub repository
- Fit Turtle Demo Video
- Robot Operating System
- Standing Posture Video
- “Deskbound” Google Talk Video
- Build/Assembly Instructions provided in GitHub Readme