The 96Boards Twitter Bot
You can follow the 96Boards Twitter Bot here: https://twitter.com/96boards_bot
Currently this is what the functionality is:
- Tweet a weather forecast snippet to the 96Boards team members.
- To do this every morning around 9am, respective of the Time-zones
- Tweet all the commits that were pushed into the 96Boards Website repository the previous day.
- Tweet all the commits that were pushed into the 96Boards Documentation repository the previous day.
- Rinse and Repeat
0Auth APIs Used At this stage, I am using only the two required APIs from GitHub and Twitter that require a developer account to get access tokens
- Tweepy: An easy-to-use Python library for accessing the Twitter API.
- weather-api: A Python wrapper for the Yahoo Weather XML RSS feed.
- datetime: module supplies classes for manipulating dates and times in both simple and complex ways.
- pytz: World timezone definitions, modern and historical
- systemd: Python systemd wrapper.
- pygithub: Python library for accessing the GitHub API
Source The source for this project is available at: https://github.com/96boards-projects