Following instructions specifies how to flash the firmware onto WisTrio board from a Windows host machine:
Make sure to download the following from the Downloads Page:
- CP210x Windows Driver
- STM32 Flasher aka Demonstrator
- Install the “CP210x_windows_Drivers” driver
- Unzip the CP210x Driver file, and run the installer
- Connect the WisTrio Board, Windows should now look for the correct drivers and install them.
- Note down the COM port, In most cases it should be COM3
- Install the STM32 Flash Loader Demonstrator
- Connect the BOOT jumper:
- The bootpin of the board needs to be raised to 3.3V when upgrading, so you need to connect the BOOT0 and VDD pin of J12 by using a jumper.
- Also, make sure that the RX pin of J25 is connected to the RXCP pin.
- Start Upgrading the Firmware
- Open the STM32 Flash Demonstrator Program
- Select the COM Port
- Set BaudRate to 115200
- Click Next - Press reset button on the WisTrio Board
- You should see the traffic light turn green
- Click Next - Select “STM32L1_Cat2-128K” as Target
- Click Next - Select “Download to device” then navigate to location of bin file.
- Click “Next”
- This will start the download process
- After finishing the download, close the Demonstrator program, disconnect the RAK5205 and remove the jumper of J12.